Fate - Part I

In late January 2017, our daughter announced that she was pregnant for the third time and then, in the same breath, announced that she and her husband were moving to Tennessee.  Think about a steel tip boot connecting with your gut and you didn't see it coming.  Yeah.  Pretty much.

And so began my adventure, at the tender age of 69 years and 2 months, of picking up my life and moving away from everything I know.  There are some things in life that can NOT be compromised and this one was the biggest for me.  The grandchildren.  Wither they go, I go.  Well sort of.  They are going to Tennessee. WE are going to Missouri and more precisely, to the Bootheel of Missouri.

Fate has stood up, saluted me, and waved me into a very unexpected future.

Comments

  1. I have done this twice, now, and never regretted the moves. You will love it. Yes, your children and grandsons will be a little further away from you, but it is a new beginning and new friends and email with old friends. I am so proud of you for not whining and sobbing, but selling your house, picking up your "stuff" (which actually is used in the Bible for exactly that), and moving to another state. Congratulations on the sale, and the guts. I love you, Lady! B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you, my friend. I hope we can manage a meet up before we leave. Departure is scheduled for May 22nd.

      Delete
  2. All things new! Very cute blog! I will add this to my sidebar and delete the old one. All about new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thrilled to have you all within "spitting distance"!! Moving away from family is the single hardest thing I have ever done, but change can bring some beautiful surprises. God is there and he will accompany you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting, Ms. Annie I will be traveling along with your on your new adventure. Not everyone gets an opportunity for adventure especially later in life and. I totally envy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 days to departure, my friend. Exciting times ahead.

      Delete
  5. It will be fun following your new life, Annie! I admire your sense of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No guts, no glory, Jeanie. 😄😄

      Delete
    2. hope you will be very happy..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts