On the Levee

I took my first walk along the river this morning with Erin.  It was creeping to the low 80's and humidity was already umpleasant - bearable but definitely not pleasant.  

We were alone on the levee, the Bunge plant just starting to crank up business.  There wasn't a tug or a barge to be seen.


Thoughts of God, new beginnings, quiet company with my daughter-in-law and, of course, a good cuppa, was a perfect start to the day.


There is only a clouded sun offering filtered, unimposing light.  Any glares were absent and a hatless head merely wanted a cloth to wipe a dripping brow.


Comments

  1. When I found out where you were going to live, so close to the river, I hoped that you would find a place to walk. You did. I am glad for you. Glad Erin was with you. Walk, but use caution when the weather gets like that. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is crashing all around us at the moment, B.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of a Bunge plant. OH, it is a factory, haha. I was thinking of an actual bush. what do they make. these pictures are the definition of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FROM MY FRIEND, JANE: Love seeing your pics and posts about them. Good to see the beauty of things that I have gotten so used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FROM BARBARA IN ENGLAND: It is very flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a HUGE change from CA. Reading Barbara's comment reminds me of someone I met in CA once. A young girl who had made one trip to FL but lived her life in CA. All during the evenng she kept referring to her FL trip as "it is so flat!" And that it is. Annie, like MO. I just believe you are where you are supposed to be at this time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts