A Visit to Trimble and Newbern, Tennessee


I ventured further into Tennessee a few days ago and encountered a small and quite serene Civil War Memorial surrounded by corn fields and a cemetery in the town of Trimble.  

The small town of Newbern has a historic railroad station which is still functioning and a sweet little store attached to the Farmhouse Restaurant.  I brought home some goodies, of course.

The genial guy at the counter works at the restaurant.  His name is Bubba (yes, it IS) and he is quintessential southern.  Thank you, Bubba, for being so obliging and letting me take your picture.


A Visit to Trimble and Newbern, Tennessee.

Comments

  1. Great pictures! What a sweet little place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet town. I like the fact that they're flying the correct flags. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been quite a fight about that flag. But it's flying on private property so not a lot opponents can do except make a lot of noise.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Oh my YES! Bubba is quintessential southern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and pictures.... Seeing Bubba made me laugh..... He looks like a lot of other Bubba's in the south!!!!!! ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I have travelled in Tennessee so brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts