Thoughts on getting rear-ended by a semi



Got rear ended by a semi this afternoon on the I-55 overpass between C’ville and Hayti.  No one was hurt but we were scared witless.  The semi’s front bumper ended up under the car I was riding in.. Slam. Spin. 180 turn.  Thank you, guardian angels, for keeping us safe and not sending us over the side of the overpass.  It would have been ugly.  I am so grateful all are safe including the truck driver’s dog.

I declare. Between lightning strikes and semi encounters, I've screamed more times in six weeks than I've done in my entire adult life. And I don't mean yell. I mean real scream queen screaming. Think Jamie Lee Curtis and you are not far off base.

 I have no idea what happened. I was totally oblivious to what was around us. My friend who was driving didn't see the semi (like they're easy to miss, you know). One moment we are moving into the left turn lane, the next, the world explodes.

Felt some tension in my muscles and took some ibuprofen when I got home. I'll take a couple more when I go to bed. Will be right as rain soon.  Rain.  Yikes. Please forgive my awful pun. The rain here feels weirdly wrong to me.

The morning after our encounter with an immovable object, I am feeling tip top with no lingering soreness or tension.  Upon reflection, I have to believe that the only reason we didn't collide against the overpass's barrier is due to the truck's bumper ending up beneath our car.  Thank God for small favors.

Where the bumper was

Where the bumper ended up
He was a big boy and he was hauling a trailer too.







Comments

  1. This gives me shivers to even read and look, so I cannot imagine how YOU felt!!! Gosh, ever since you moved, so many scary things have been happening! And California is supposed to be so scary with earthquakes, humph. I think I want you safe back in Turlock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the thought has crossed my mind, but, only crossed. LOL

      Delete
  2. OMG Annie. What else can I say except OMG! Sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life has been full of shocks and surprises since moving here. Oy!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, that could have been indeed ugly. So glad you were all OK. Very SCARY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful that no one was hurt -- it could have been a pretty bad scene. I have a fear of not catching something in my blind spot. Sending prayers of thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts